Thursday, November 8, 2007

Day 56...waving the white flag and moving forward...


I traded today's workout for a workout that I missed last week, because tomorrow I am chaperoning the Kindergarten field trip and I thought it would be easier, just to get up and run...rather than try and do a workout AND cardio before I have to be ready and at the school by 8:45 AM tomorrow. My body is tired and my knees hurt, but I always look forward to my workouts. Lately, I feel like I've screwed up everything I've done. I've had to just laugh about it to keep from crying, but it seems that everyday...I surprise myself with yet another mistake. At first it WAS kinda funny...but now...it's starting to feel a little defeating. So, that's why I looked forward to today's time in the gym. I'm not going to win the "mother of the year" award any time soon...anyone that I've had an appt with over the last month probably thinks I'm stupid or a flake...my house has been a wreck...and I've secretly felt like a loser that's life is passing her by...but I can take my book, go to the gym, and do my workouts...right. I've just decided to give in..."wave the white flag"...and move forward....one mistake...one step...one day at a time...without focusing on the negative or beating myself up.

I enjoyed today's workout. It was great and it DID make me feel better. I was able to work out without interruption...and it was hard, but didn't knock me out for the rest of the day. I'm glad I worked out today.

WEEK 8 / DAY 4
(5 MIN WARMUP)
25 X PULLUPS (ASSISTED W/STANDS)
50 X DB DEADLIFTS 50#
50 X PUSHUPS
50 X BOX JUMPS
50 X DECLINE SITUPS
50 X HANGCLEANS @ 45#
25 X PULLUPS (JUMPING)
(27 MIN)

CARDIO
30 MIN ELLIPTICAL
25 MIN WALK ON TREADMILL (4.6)
5 MIN STRETCH
TOTAL TIME = 1 HR 32 MIN

No comments: