Thursday, November 22, 2007

Day 70...Thanksgiving day...


Today is Thanksgiving, and I feel like I'm the stuffed turkey. Dinner was delicious and all the pie I've eaten so far was even better. I feel bad for not feeling...bad. I expected to hate myself for over indulging, but I don't...now...I hope I don't later. I tried to run or at least do my elliptical this morning, but time would not allow. I got in a whole 7 minutes on the elliptical before I had to put the green bean casserole in the oven, get ready to leave, and grab my pies on my way out the door. I felt very frustrated about my inability to get some good cardio in before I left to stuff myself, but I got over it. So even though I wanted to workout this morning and still hold out hope for later (never gonna happen)...and eventhough I ate way too many slices of pie...these are a few of the things I'm thankful for:

I'm thankful for my health...for a competent mind (most of the time) and a strong body. I'm thankful for my family...dysfunctional or not, they belong to me and I belong to them. I'm thankful to be a Mom...to kiss boo-boos...to cook dinners...to be on the receiving end of precious hugs and kisses...to tuck in my kids and see those "halos" that magically appear over their heads as they sleep each night...no matter how bad they were during the day. I'm thankful for friends...those very few throughout my life that have taken the time to see past the exterior facade and discover the real me...those that have touched my life and left me better. I'm thankful for all the simple comforts that I take for granted everyday...a warm bed...a comfortable home...food on my table. I'm especially thankful for my Father in Heaven...for the ability I have to pray...for the comfort and the direction this gives my life. I am truly blessed and thankful for all these things and more.

No comments: