Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Days 65-66-67-68...chillin out...catching my breath...and starting again...refreshed


Ok...I usually never miss a day, but I took a few days off, so now I'll try to play "catch up" as best I can. As you could tell by my last post, I was feeling pretty beat down and frustrated. I needed to stop and catch my breath...and in case you are wondering...or care...I'm not a crazy maniac with an eating disorder. I'm not a depressed freak lying in bed crying. And...as hard as it is to believe, I'm not Bipolar. I'm just a girl that is incredibly hard on herself. I set myself up for failure, because it's impossible to live up to the expectations I have for myself. I just had to decompress...put away the book...and try to move forward.

DAY 65-
WEEK 9/DAY 6
That was Saturday. I did a short, easy 30 minutes total body workout. I can't remember the exact exercises, but they were all weight related. I then did 30 minutes on the elliptical...showered and left with my family. I kept waiting to feel bad, because I didn't work out for 2 hours, but I really was OK. I had busy day out with my girls and a fun night out with my sisters...I guess I was distracted...which is not a bad thing sometimes. TOTAL TIME = 1hour

DAY 66-
WEEK 10/DAY 1
Sunday...my rest day

DAY 67-
WEEK 10/DAY 2
This was yesterday...Monday. I had a lady at church ask if I wanted to come walk, jog, and do a few exercises with her and a couple of other ladies. I'll admit, I was LESS than excited to go. I even planned to go to the gym afterwards, because I am in much better physical condition and I was sure it would be a waste. I felt like it would be rude to say "no" and afterall, I HAVE been lonely and figured..."What do I have to lose but time?". It was funny. I wasn't exhausted or worked to my full potential, but it was a nice change of pace. It was nice to have someone to talk to. I taught them a few new things they can do when they stop along their path and do exercises every now and then along the way. It was funny too...we were gone for 2hours...walked/ran a little over 5 miles...did step ups on benches...pushups...jumproping...squats...and even burpees. I felt no need to go to the gym after and I have to admit, I enjoyed myself. TOTAL TIME= about 2 hr 15min including stretching

DAY 68...today (MONDAY)
WEEK 10/DAY 3

I am happy! I had a GREAT workout today! I did the workout that I should've done yesterday. The workouts I have this week are among my favorites in the book. They push me and work me. I love throwing running into the end each round. I always feel like I got a great workout and feel a sense of accomplishment...I feel strong afterwards. I added some ABS to the end after my cardio. I guess taking a step back is what I needed...

5 MIN WARM UP ON CROSSTRAINER
20 MEDICINE BALL SLAMS 10#
20 DB SWINGS 30#
20 BOX JUMPS
20 PUSH PRESS 20# DBs
20 SQUATS 45#
20 BURPEES
RUN .25 MILES @ MAX SPEED (8.6 TREADMILL)
REPEAT FOR A TOTAL OF 3 ROUNDS
(35 MIN)

ABS=3 ROUNDS OF 15 SITUPS ON INCLINE BENCH (4 HOLES), 2 ROUNDS OF 25 FROGGIES, 1 ROUND OF 30 DECLINE SITUPS. I ALSO DID FRONT PLANK AND BOTH SIDES FOR 1 MIN EACH AND THEN I WAS TOO TIRED TO DO ANYMORE (ABOUT 10 MIN)

CARDIO
35 MIN ON ELLIPTICAL (RESISTANCE 10/CROSSTRAINER PROG)
5 MIN STRETCH
TOTAL TIME = APPROX. 1 HR 3O MIN

No comments: