Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Day 61...aBUsiVe...


Oh dear...I've mentioned my bad relationship with the airdyne in the past and now with the spinning bike. It occurred to me as I suffered today on that bike, that my relationship with those bikes is a bit like an abusive boyfriend. I love it and hate it. It hurts me, but I keep going back for more. I tell myself not to do it...I fear it as I drive to the gym...but I go back again and again...for more abuse. I literally have to try and go to another place...to embrace the pain...or I can't make it through those 6 minutes of torture...that come in 2 minute increments...3X. It hurts me and tells me that I can't do it...and then it's almost as if there's an apology, because when the pain is finished...when I survive another beating...I somehow forget how bad it really was and I forgive it and walk away...knowing that I will come back again...despite the pain...and...it WILL hurt...again. The only difference between these two evils, is that eventhough the bike hurts me and shakes my confidence in the midst of the pain, it doesn't break me...it doesn't leave scars or bruises...it makes me stronger and more confident.

WEEK 9 / DAY 2
5 MIN WARMUP CROSSTRAINER
JUMPING LUNGES 10#
PUSHUPS (GIRL STYLE B/C MY CHEST IS HURTING)
PULLUPS (JUMPING)
21, 17, 14
(7 MIN)
THEN:
BIKE @ MAX INTENSITY FOR 2 MIN
MEDICINE BALL SLAMS 10# FOR 2 MIN
REPEAT FOR 3 ROUNDS
(14MIN)

CARDIO
30 MIN TREADMILL WALK 4.6 ALTERNATING BETWEEN FLAT AND 15 DEGREES INCLINE
20 MIN RECUMBENT BIKE - LEVEL 9 MANUAL
5 MIN STRETCH
TOTAL = 1 HOUR 21 MIN

No comments: