Sunday, November 4, 2007

Day 52...glad to rest...and "fall back"...


I was so tired and cranky yesterday. I tried to take a nap, but my kids were so loud that they woke me up. When I finally got into bed last night, it was a relief. I knew that when I woke up, it would be Sunday...I knew I could rest. I also knew that it was the night we "fall back" an hour...Daylight Savings...and that means an extra hour of sleep. If I've ever needed it...now I NEEDED that extra rest.

I've been feeling physically and mentally fatigued this week. I know that being sick with Shingles is a big part of it...but I also know that there's more. One of my favorite scriptures is Matthew 11:28-30. It says, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." I keep thinking that what I'm short on is sleep...and I am...but as I think about what this scripture means to me...right now in my current set of circumstances...and in times past...I realize that sleep; rest, is not all I need more of. I need comfort...the kind that I can only get from Him. I need peace...the peace that I feel when I let go...when I stop trying to control and do things alone...MY way. I think right now that what I'm lacking is the faith to rely on Him...the faith to accept His will...the faith to live everyday without worrying about the future and how I can control it.

I'm so grateful that we got to turn our clocks back last night and get an extra hour of sleep, but I'm even more grateful that I can turn to my Savior and He will provide me with the rest that I cannot find in sleep alone. Today is the day I rest each week...the only day of the week, that I do not exercise...so today while I do not exercise my muscles...I have been reminded that I should never rest from exercising my faith.

NO WORKOUT OR CARDIO/ REST DAY

No comments: