Friday, November 2, 2007

Day 50..."RUN Forest!"...


Today my daughter gets her cast off. She's excited, so I decided to make a fun day out of it. I'm picking her up around 11 this morning and we'll have lunch and shop a bit before we go to Cook Children's Medical Center in downtown FW. I didn't do my 5K and ABS yesterday, so that's what I'm headed off to do today. I'm not really looking forward to running this morning...it's dark and gloomy outside...the air is heavy and humid...and it's a bit chilly...cold enough to need to dress warm...warm enough to get miserable half way through when dressed warm. Some days when I run, I feel like I could run and never stop...those days are perfect...other days, I have to talk myself through it...tell myself it's almost over...almost over...almost over. This may be one of those days...we'll see...maybe I'll get lucky and have a Forest Gump day...and be able to just keep "rr UUUUUnn...ing"!

WEEK 7/ DAY 5
RUN
DISTANCE: 4.44 MILES
TIME: 36:43
AVERAGE PACE: 8:15 MINUTE/MILE
COURSE: NEIGHBORHOOD/HWY 360 - HILLS

I wasn't PRE today, but I didn't mentally whine or need coaxing either. I ran okay...not as fast as I like...but that highway run is so strenuous...so I feel good about what I did. Abs will have to wait till later.

No comments: