Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day 63...pulled in different directions...


I had another appointment with the podiatrist this morning and it seems like everytime I have an appointment there, I'm late for some reason. Today I was determined to be there on time, so I was ready. I had a plan. I was up and I was ready to be at the gym by 8 AM...just as soon as I got all the kids dropped off. Well as the saying goes..."the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry...", and my plans went awry today.

We got out to the car and my oldest daughter accidentally closed her car door on my middle daughter's hand (right across the knuckles). Of course the tears were flowing as were the apologies. I got an ice pack out, gave her a hug, and headed out. We took J to the elementary school and Sav to the Intermediate school. Syd stayed with me, because she couldn't even grip a pencil. We had to go back home, because Sav had forgotten something that we needed to get and drop off at the Intermediate school. In the midst of coming back home, Syd decided that she had recovered enough to go to school. I went back in the house to write a letter for her to take into the school since she was now almost half an hour late. I dropped Syd off at school and then took Sav her purse. FINALLY, I was free to go to the gym...and I made it...but I was now 45 minutes behind schedule! It was crazy. I felt like I wasn't sure which way I was going...like I was being pulled in every direction.

I got right to business and completed my workout. My workout went well. I had another appointment with that stinkin spinning bike, but once again, I survived. Once I got done, I did my cardio and rushed home so that I could get to my appointment..10 min late. I was pulled every which way early this morning, but I didn't get lost...and I fought my way through and arrived at the destination.

WEEK 9 / DAY 4
5 MIN WARMUP CROSSTRAINER
SQUAT 75#
DIP
RENEGADE ROW 20# DBs
21, 15, 9
(9 MIN)
THEN:
BIKE @ MAX INTENSITY +
MEDICINE BALL SLAM 10#
2 MIN EA FOR 3 ROUNDS
(15 MIN)

CARDIO
20 MIN ELLIPTICAL
10 MIN RUN ON TREADMILL

TOTAL TIME = 59 MIN

No comments: