Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 285...hOdGe pOdGe...

Today was a strange hodge podge of a day. I went in to the gym...just me and my son...it was later than I had planned...the morning just got away from me. I did a long warm up and then started my workout. I LOVE Romanian Dead lifts!!! So, of course, I put them in because I never do them with J. I lifted the bar...challenging but not really hard. After the first 10 I realized this workout was not going to be smooth or painless. I finished...then went on to the next exercise...and the next...same problem everytime. I had no fuel. I was in slow motion. On round 2....5 back extensions and the nausea started...then came tears. I sat there hanging off the GHD balling like a baby...all alone. I sucked it up and moved on, but without success. I started to put everything away when the lightbulb over my head lit up. It was after 12 pm and I hadn't eaten anything substantial and what I had eaten...one poptart at 9 AM...was long gone. I had no gas...no energy...stupid. I left and decided that I needed 2 things...food and comfort. That means a trip to Whataburger! Me and my son scarfed down our burgers and I felt much better. Tonight I ran for 45 minutes. Today was a weird hodge podge of movements and emotions, but I survived it all and I'm no worse for the wear! Some days you have to endure...

No comments: