Monday, June 16, 2008

Day 275...mEEtiNg "kArEn"...

Today I met Karen. She wasn't quite what I expected. I thought she was a bee-yotch...but I think I actually like her. New girl at the gym??? Nope...a Crossfit benchmark workout that I've never done before...one of the "girls" called "Karen".
"Karen" is 150 wallballs...that's standing in a good squat position, holding a dynamax ball with both hands at your chest (just under your chin), going down into a squat just below parallel, and throwing the ball with both hands at a 9ft target in a fluid motion. Then you catch it and go back down into the squat (not in separate movements but fluidly). I like squats, but I was worried that my shoulders would give out. I was surprised. It wasn't so bad. In fact, I think I could've pushed a little harder. I got it done in 11:53...next time I'll be under 10.

It seems so strange to do a 12 min workout. I started doing 1 min jumprope and 1 min D-ball slams for 10 minutes...thinking I was fresh...that I hadn't done too much...WRONG!...but I did it. Now I'm off to run. Today was good.

WARMUP
-------------
1000M ROW
THEN...a small version of the CROSSFIT warmup
SAMSON STRETCH
10 OVERHEAD SQUATS (PVC)
5 PULLUPS
10 GHD SIT UPS
10 GHD BACK EXTENSIONS
2 ROUNDS
(THIS IS WHY THERE ARE CROSSFIT T-SHIRTS THAT SAY "OUR WARMUP IS YOUR WORKOUT")

WORKOUT
-----------------
"KAREN"
150 WALL BALL SHOTS (9FT-12LB DYNAMAX BALL)
11:53

5 ROUNDS
1 MIN JUMPROPE
1 MIN D-BALL SLAMS

CARDIO
-------------
BRITTON RUN (3 MILES)

No comments: