Saturday, June 7, 2008

Day 266...fUn WiTh tHe bOyS...

Today was a fun day at the gym. I listened...I spoke...I taught...I learned...I struggled...I relaxed...I hated...I laughed. So today started early and encompassed A LOT as you can guess by all the different things I described. I got to the gym around 8:45AM because J was teaching a "Foundations" class to 2 guys that will be training there. Another trainer, A, also came to observe like me. A is the brother of my good friend, and ex trainer...W. He is now working at CF Mansfield with J and I. He is a wild man and a lot of fun.

We watched and helped a bit. We also giggled and whispered like 2 kids in the back of a classroom...not because we were being disrespectful...we were just havin fun. When the guys in the class got done learning and going through a short workout, A and I worked out. We did different workouts, but we did em at the the same time. He was heavy lifting...I was running and swinging and rowing and throwing. Wow...that sounds like a Dr. Seuss story...ha!

Once we were done working out and cooling off, A and I decided to try and convince J to come to our favorite Mexican restaurant. He resisted because he always eats healthy and had stuff to do...but finally...we persuaded him to come over to "the dark side" with us. Those boys are somethin else! Yikes!...what a strange thing it is to be a woman among men. There was some major testosterone in the air! Let's just say I know more about them then I probably ever wanted to know! I had so much fun though...and eating my favorite Mexican food too?!?...that was the icing on the cake! I really enjoyed spending the first part of my day with them. I think we are going to have a fun summer!

WORKOUT
-------------
800 M RUN
10 KETTLE BELL SNATCH (18 LB KB...10 EA ARM...20 TOTAL)
500 M ROW
20 WALL BALL (12 LB MED BALL)
3 ROUNDS

No comments: