Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 271...i HATE cHiggErs!!!...

I just got back from being a chaperone for an all girls church camp for 4 days. Needless to say...I've had NO sleep...eaten disgusting unhealthy cafeteria food during the day and junk at night...I am dirty...and I have some pretty nasty chigger bites. I went determined to workout every morning. I took my jumprope, some resistance bands, and my kettlebells. All I had to do was 3 workouts...I did one.

I'm surprised by how hard it was for me. I worked out with J on Monday early before I left for camp, and Tuesday I got up at 5:45 and worked out before everyone else got up. My excuse for Wednesday was that we were supposed to do a 5 mile hike, but it turned out to be a HALF MILE nature stroll. I was SO disappointed...but not surprised. Everyone talks about how outta shape kids and teenagers are (a lot of girls there were much bigger than me), but then adults are too lazy to do anything about it. Our 5 mile hike was a short stroll because the leaders didn't want to walk 5 miles. Great example huh? Today, I jumped up at 6 and went to change and as soon as I started to put my sports bra on..I noticed a bunch of bad chigger bites on my sides back and underarms. I was exhausted from listening to the girls in my cabin talk and giggle and go back and forth between our cabin and the one next door ALL NIGHT. That was all I needed to lay in bed, sing "Gee Mom I wanna go, but they won't let me go, Gee Mom I wanna go HOME!". I didn't want to get all hot and sweaty and make the intense itchiness worse. The dumb part is that I was itchy anyway,

So now...I'm DREADING the gym tomorrow. I had SO much fun with the girls at camp, but I've had a really sucky week fitness/nutrition wise. Maybe this was what I needed to get me to get serious about making some changes to be better...we'll see.

No comments: