Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day 284..."fiGhT gOnE bAd"...

........hErE's a VidEo oF "fiGhT gOnE bAd" bEinG eXpLaiNeD.........

My sessions with J are done... I'm back on my own...kinda...I still have my "pink book" from W...and workout invites...still I decide what I do...and it's strange...a little scary...I am responsible for me.

So, yesterday J called to talk about some gym "business" and at the end he told me that he and some other guys were gonna do a CrossFit workout called "Fight Gone Bad" tomorrow (today) and invited me to join if I wanted. I've never done it..."Fight Gone Bad"...so I really wanted to try it. It looks brutal but fun. I called and moved my teeth cleaning appointment earlier and headed for the gym. Turns out no one showed but these two guys that came in the other night. That was a bummer...I hoped a bunch of people would be there...but it was still okay. I worried...as I do over everything...because J said he and I were gonna be on a team. I hate being someone's "handicap" but I knew that all I could do is try my hardest.

"Fight Gone Bad" IS brutal. The one other guy kept staring at his watch so I felt rushed to start and really had NO warmup. I think I got about 20 jumping jacks in. Not good. I was sucking air so hard and praying for the last round to end. I didn't do as well as I hoped, but I did okay and I kept going. There is supposed to be people not working out that watch time and count reps. We were doing it ourselves which made it harder and less accurate. I think J probably wished he had a stronger partner...I know he doesn't like to lose, but we still had fun...in a sick...twisted...painful kinda way!

WARMUP
------------
NONE!!! =(

WORKOUT
--------------
"FIGHT GONE BAD"
Three rounds of:
Wall-ball, 20 pound ball for men/CF RX is 14 pound ball for women but I used 16 pound ball because we don't have a 14 pound ball, 10 ft target (count reps)
Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds for men/55 pounds for women (count reps)
Box Jump, 20" box (count reps)
Push-press, 75 pounds for men/55 pounds for women (count reps)
Row (count calories)


In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute.The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. On call of "rotate", the athletes must move to next station immediately and post their "score" or reps for that round. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.

CARDIO
-----------
DONE IN A.M....20 MIN ROWER

No comments: