Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 164...cOmFOrt In mY insAniTy...

I stole my title for today's post from the kind words of a good friend. It is interesting because this same friend inspired and encouraged me to start "blogging" in the first place. Today I was excited to learn that he has started his own "training" blog. I look forward to the motivation and comfort that I know I will find in his words.

In the beginning, this blog was intended to be a training log...a diary of sorts...the place that I write about what I'm doing to improve myself through exercise and how I feel during and after my workouts. When the title was chosen, I was referring to the physical pain and the mental anguish that I sometimes suffer in my quest to be better than I was the day before. Almost two weeks ago, I began my mandatory "workout hiatus" while I recover from surgery. I thought that when I stopped working out, I would stop writing as well. I haven't written everyday like I usually do, but I still feel inspired to write about my "pain".

I have found that even if no one else ever reads this blog, it is worth the time and reflection that it takes me to write each entry. It comforts me in some strange way to purge...to express my fears...my worries...my frustrations...while I am not allowed do what I love to do...what I feel like I need to do. It helps me see the "light at the end of the tunnel" as I journal my baby steps toward recovery. These days, I truly feel like I experience moments of insanity, but I am thankful for the opportunity that I will have to read my friend's words and to express myself as I write. These are the things that help me find comfort in my insanity.

13TH DAY OFF

No comments: