Thursday, February 7, 2008

Day 146.."OOPS! I did it again!"...

Today, I was only in the gym for about an hour and 20 minutes. That's very short for me. I was supposed to kinda take it easy today and be ready for two hard days. I got my workout that J sent me and went to the gym. As I looked over the list while I warmed up on the elliptical, I did it...again. I added more things to the list...extended my workout. I don't know why, but ever so often I do this crap. I lose my head and end up regretting it later...like I am now.

The workout still didn't take too long, but now...my hip is hurting pretty bad and so is my knee on the same side. I haven't been doing near as many lunges as I used to do, so I've lost my mind and done them two days in a row...BAD CHOICE. I know better than to do that. I haven't had knee pain in a long time, so it's really buggin me. The other nerve racking thing is my "good" hip is feeling a little..."funny" for the lack of a better word. It's not hurting like the other one, but it doesn't feel right either. Mentally, I'm SO dreading having to take time off from working out for surgery...but I'm sure my body desperately needs some recovery. I'm feeling a bit over trained...pretty much the state I keep myself in on a regular basis. So, I didn't make the best choice...but it WAS a good workout anyway.

WARMUP
------------
10 MIN ELLIPTICAL

WORKOUT
--------------
50 SQUATS
15 TRICEP PRESS (HEAVY)
15 BICEP CURLS (45# BAR ON 1ST 2 ROUNDS/35# ON LAST ROUND)
50 OVERHEAD LUNGES
50 FROGGIES ON BENCH
15 SHOULDER PRESS (15 LB DBs)
RUN .25 MILE AT TOP SPEED (8.6 TREADMILL)
REPEAT FOR A TOTAL OF 3 ROUNDS
TOTAL TIME = 38 MIN

CARDIO
----------
25 MIN RECUMBENT BIKE (LOW RESISTANCE-FLAT-FAST PACE)

STRETCH-5 MIN

No comments: