Monday, February 4, 2008

Day 143.."i'M dEAd!"...

I am worn out! I'm finished! I'm exhausted! I'm toast! Whatever word you choose to describe how I'm feeling...it applies...because after today's workout..."I'm dead!".

J and I had so much fun today...well I'll speak for myself...I had so much fun today. We did 3 series of "timed tests" against each other. I think they all pushed both of us, but the last one was a beating. I chose the exercises and the number of reps on that one so I had nobody to blame but myself. It was so hard and I was sweating so incredibly that I can't find the appropriate words to describe it. If you've ever been there...you KNOW what I mean. If you haven't...it's hard to truly have an understanding of what it takes out of you physically and mentally to finish. It is so hard. In fact, I'm worried that I won't be much good for the rest of the day. I really just want to shower and go to sleep.

The thing is that when I push myself like that...I can't think of anything more satisfying. I can look anyone in the eye and honestly say..."I gave it ALL I had!", and feel proud...especially when I am working out next to someone that is in such great shape ...someone that doesn't stop or give up...someone that is strong. It's an honor to be able to keep up and "hold my own". So, I feel really tired...and really dead...but I am happy with what I accomplished today.

WARMUP
-----------
10 MIN ELLIPTICAL

WORKOUT
--------------
1ST CIRCUIT
20 JUMPING PULL UPS
30 DIPS ON BENCH
12 RING PUSHUPS
3 ROUNDS - TIME=11:31

2ND CIRCUIT
20 PUSH PRESS (45 LB BAR)
25 INCLINE SIT UPS
20 DEAD LIFTS (85LBS)
3 ROUNDS - TIME=8:13

3RD CIRCUIT
50 RENEGADE ROWS (15 LB DBs - 25 EA ARM ALTERNATING)
50 AIR SQUATS
50 BALL SLAMS (10 LB MEDICINE BALL)
3 ROUNDS - TIME=14:04

CARDIO
-----------
15 MIN ELLIPTICAL
15 MIN TREADMILL INTERVALS (3 MIN WALK/3 MIN RUN - 3 TIMES - END WITH 2 MIN WALK)

No comments: