Saturday, February 2, 2008

Day 141...iT's HaMMeR tiMe!...

Saturdays are turning out to be my favorite workout day. Today was especially fun because my trainer's foot has healed quicker than expected so he was able to workout with me. It's not totally better so he has to be careful and had to modify a few things, but he worked just as hard or harder than I did. We don't do many timed "tests"...that was more W's thing...but today we did. It's always fun to me and helps me not waste time and keep going when I get tired and want to stop.

So, today...we started inside and ended outside. We were kickin it old school outside. I felt like I was workin in the field...actually...I guess we were. I'm still not great at swinging the sledge hammer, but I'm getting better...more comfortable. I realized today that I've been doing it left handed...I'm RIGHT HANDED! That is such a "ME thing" to do. My arm was tired and I went to switch and thought "WOW, this seems easier!" DUH! I was finally using the "right" arm. It took a long time outside, but the time flew by.

I loved today. We worked hard and had fun. It is a beautiful day...sunny...a slight breeze...perfect temperature...so that was a great way to end the workout...and the week.

WARMUP
-----------
Elliptical

WORKOUT
------------
Burpee/pull up (rings) 15, 10, 5 (Total-30)
Thrusters 45lb long bar 15, 10, 5 (Total-30)
15-15-10-10-5-5 for time
5:50 (lost a little time there going at the same time)

Jump Rope 2 min
Elliptical 1 min easy-2 min hard-1 min easy
Bike " "

Deadlift 20-15-10-5-5-10-15-20 (Total 100)
KJJ 20-15-10-5-5-10-15-20 (Total 100)
For time- 9:00

...And then we moved outside...
----------------------------------------
50 KB Swings 50 (Total 250!!)
25 Sledge swings/hits on Tire (Total 125)
10 ea Tire Flip/Burpee 10 (Total 50)
5 Rounds
43-45 minutes

---------------------------------------------------
...a few words of wisdom from the master...Mark Twight...

"GIVE IT EVERYTHING AND LET THE CHIPS - OR WHATEVER - FALL WHERE THEY MAY. IT WON'T EVER GET ANY EASIER, BUT YOU MIGHT GO FASTER, OR LAST LONGER."

--------------------------------------------------

No comments: