Friday, February 15, 2008

Day 154...alive and well...sorta...i think...



So, I survived surgery and I feel a little more awake and alive today...at least until the next round of pain meds. I looked at a few of the e-mails and text messages that I sent yesterday and I laughed. It was the typing equivalent of slurred speech. I'm sure it gave the people I love a good laugh.

I'm not EVEN missing working out yet because I am hurting so bad. I feel like I've just been in a gang fight where I was repeatedly punched in the ribs and then stabbed in the belly...several times. My doc told me yesterday that he ended up doing a little more than he had originally planned, which makes some of the "extra" pain make sense. So far...it looks like the surgery was a success, but only time will tell for sure.

For now..I am taking life on just 3 to 4 hours at a time...which is how long I go between taking my pain medicine.

3RD DAY OFF

No comments: