Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Days 520...521...pLaYiN cAtCh uP...

I missed yesterday and I had actually almost forgotten to post today!  I guess I need to play "catch up" here.  

DAY 520...

My 7 yr old was home sick...running a fever yesterday...so I couldn't go to the gym in the morning.  By the time my nanny got here yesterday afternoon...I didn't have enough time to workout and take a shower before I had to take him to the doc at 5PM.

I decided to take a run...a hard run...so I threw on shorts and headed for the highway.  It was a tricky run yesterday because I always run on the shoulder facing traffic...but there were a line of 10 wheelers (probably 5) parked in the shoulder at one point so I had to run on the very uneven ground next to the shoulder.  I am used to weird men honking or waving (confused face) so it doesn't phase me, but it was a little different this time.  There were 2 guys in their mid 20s I guess (hard to get a good look at people driving 65 miles an hour) that were waving and screamin "Wooooo!"  I thought..."What LAMOS!" and kept running.  a few minutes later the SAME guys passed again...waving...and "Wooooo"ing.  Okay...that's weird.  They passed a third time and I thought, "Don't these idiots have anything better to do?"  I mean REALLY...I didn't look THAT good!  It takes effort to drive past, turn around and start going the opposite way!  Luckily I was finally ready to cut across and didn't have to worry about them anymore.  Once I crossed the highway (I know...sounds crazy), I didn't have to contend with any crazy fools or parked 18 wheelers..but I did have to contend with a long steep hill and the wind blowing against me...pretty hard.  Not fun.  My hips were sore when I got home and I was a bit disappointed that I never made it to the gym, but I was glad that I still did SOMETHING.

RUN=5+ MILES

DAY 521...

So, now I have 2 kids home from school sick!  Luckily my nanny was able to come in early because I needed to teach a class at the gym at 8:30AM and I also had a hair appt...that I really needed!  I covered class and then got ready to do the workout that I had planned to do yesterday...the same one the class did.  I was nervous because I had already watched 2 people "suffer" through it...I knew what I was "in for".  L, the lady I use to train one on one now attends classes.  She offered to stay and keep my time.  I always feel pressure to be fast and strong and perfect in front of everyone at the gym.  I wasn't any of those things, but I worked hard and finished pretty quickly.  It was nice to get back in there today...even if my back is now killin me!

WARMUP
--------------
RUN 800M

WORKOUT
--------------
ROW 500M
21 PUSH PRESS (75 lbs)
ROW 500M
18 PUSH PRESS (75 lbs)
ROW 500M
15 PUSH PRESS (75 lbs)
ROW 500M
12 PUSH PRESS (75 lbs)
(18:12)

No comments: