Friday, February 6, 2009

Day 503...sAnDbAggiN iT...

J is on duty today at the fire station so the gym "duties" are all mine...starting with the 6AM group training class. After they were done (around 7AM) I rushed home to get kids off to school so I could be back up there at 8:30 for the next "group". This "class" has been interesting because there is really only one person that I can count on to be there...L. He is always there. The other guys have had things in their personal lives that have kept them from being there. I was worried because I knew that today's workout would be very difficult to do alone. I decided that if no one else came...I, myself, would workout with him. It was a workout with basic movements that L is proficient in, so I felt good about the decision.

J called to tell me that another firefighter named JS was coming by to drop off a punching bag. When he came in, L and I asked him if he wanted to join us...he did and so began the beginning of a tough workout. The first part was a relay where we had to sprint across the parking lot while carrying a heavy sandbag and continue to do so for 10 minutes straight...counting how many times we got across. That was so exhausting...the minutes seemed to draaaag. Then we moved on to 100 walking lunge steps...not too fun after all that sprinting with weight on you. We rested for 5 minutes after that and then did body weight Deadlifts...as many as possible in 5 minutes. I did 57!!! The most of anyone until CB came in and got 60! My legs were toast when we were through. I have a feeling that I'm gonna have a tough time come tomorrow and especially Sunday. I will probably be walking like I'm crippled. It was a lot of fun though. I'm really glad I got the chance to workout with those guys today.

WORKOUT
----------------
TEAM RELAY-SANDBAG SPRINTS ACROSS PARKING LOT-10 MINUTES NONSTOP (We each went across 20 times...the most of any other team today!)

THEN:
100 WALKING LUNGE STEPS (EA "MAN" HAS TO DO 100 STEPS-50 PER LEG)

THEN:
MAX REPS BODY WEIGHT DEADLIFTS FOR 5 MINUTES (57 DEADLIFTS-135 LBS)

No comments: