Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 509..."aNyThiNg yOu cAn dO, i cAn dO bEttEr!"...


I went in to train the "B shift" group this morning. Usually it ends up being Big L, but today was nice...it was him and B another firefighter and also LL (the lady I used to train one on one). J had sent me the workout last night...and it was right up my alley...a met-con, endurance style workout. Big L immediately asked me to do it with them. I said, "I don't know...I'm supposed to be watchin y'all...J may not like that!" He said, "Oh CMON! These are simple movements..no heavy weights or compound movements! Tell him YOUR CLIENTS REQUESTED IT!" I gave in...I wanted to...and I knew I could quit or stop to help anyone at anytime.

I took off fast on the first run...gosh, it felt so good to run...fast! Big L stayed with me on round one and two, but I pulled out ahead on round three and held my lead to finish fastest! I don't like to beat PEOPLE...I like to know that I, MYSELF...can do just what "the boys" can do...and even do it BETTER...or FASTER every now and again! I've always been the girl that wants to sing "Anything you can do, I can do better!". Today I got to sing it...in my head of course!

WORKOUT
--------
RUN 400 M
25 PUSHUPS
25 SQUATS
5 ROUNDS FOR TIME (20:01...1min 28sec FASTER than Big L ;D )

No comments: