Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 518..."i aM a mOnSteR!"...

Some days...I hit the gym and feel like I can't do a thing...others I feel unstoppable. I got up early because my husband was snoring. I sat down...trying to decide what we would do...I had a few ideas, but it was a day where I had no idea how many people I would have. J had told people they could come in and "make up" missed days with the "B shift class". I knew I could have as few as 2 or as many as upwards of 7. I wanted to maybe do some heavier lifting because we've been having a very "met-con" type week.  I made up 2 workouts and decided to choose once everyone got there.

Big L came in and said he had to leave early and I made a decision between the 2 workouts that I had prepared. He was only able to do 3 rounds because he had to get home to a sick wife and child. I could see this workout was going to be tougher than I had anticipated. I was really proud of L and B (husband and wife)..they insisted on doing all 5 rounds and not cutting it down to 3. They did a great job..I hoped I could match Bryan's time, as I planned on doing this with my husband after the class was done.

P (my husband) and I got warmed up and set up and L started the timer. After the first 10 OH traveling lunges...I could tell I would do well. I felt strong...unstoppable. Honestly...halfway through...I felt like a monster...like nothing could stop me. I ended up finishing with a much faster time than I anticipated. It was a great feeling...one that I really needed after the rough week that I've had. Today was good...just what I needed.

WARMUP
-------------
500 M ROW

WORKOUT
--------------
15 OVERHEAD TRAVELING LUNGES (EA LEG-30 TOTAL-HOLDING 25 LB PLATE OVERHEAD)
15 "BUTTERFLY" SIT UPS
15 BOX JUMPS (20 IN)
15 PUSH PRESS (2- 25 LB DBs)
15 STAR JUMPS
5 ROUNDS FOR TIME (23:55..a lil less than 10 min faster than the next closest time!)


No comments: