Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 513..."tHrAsHeD"...

J texted me last night to tell me that I was in charge of making up the WOD (workout of the day) for today.  I don't get to do that very often.  I feel as though I'm always carrying out someone else's plan, so I wanted to create a WOD that reflects what I like...a "met-con" type workout with relatively low weight and higher reps...one that leaves you feeling "thrashed" when you are done.

I covered the 6AM class and then called my husband to see if he wanted to join me for a workout since he was home for President's Day.  He obliged...knowing it would most likely not be "fun".  I decided that I must have a "dark gift" for coming up with horrendous workouts.  It wasn't terribly long and all the reps were do-able, but I was so out of breath that it hurt.  I did indeed feel "thrashed" when I was done.  I layed in the floor with my chest rising and falling...gasping for air...miserable...hating and loving my workout.  It was a good one.

WORKOUT
--------------
20 KB Swings (44/35)

20 Goblet Squats

20 Renegade Rows (30/20 Dumbells)

20 ABMAT Sit Ups

20 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls (75/55)

Run 400m

3 Rounds for time (23:51)


THEN:
4.5 MILE RUN


The pictures are of two of the guys from the 6AM crew

No comments: