Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 507..."aDDiCtEd"...

I...love...to run.  I am not the fastest...or the most graceful runner.   I have never run a marathon...nor do I have the desire to.  Sometimes...my knees ache and my hips grind...after a run.   I know that I should limit the amount I run...but I don't...I can't. When the weather is good...I want to run. Somedays my runs are pure bliss...I feel as though I could run forever and never tire. Other days...I hit "wall" after "wall" after "wall"...I hurt...I'm out of breath...I feel weak.  Either which way...in the end...I love to run...I'm addicted.

Today I am suffering with a really sore back...my muscles are tired...but still I wanted to run...so I strapped on my ipod with my Nike+ shoes...and I ran 4.41 miles down the highway by my house. I "obeyed the voice in my head" that told me to keep going when I was tired and I "let the music carry me" down the road.  It was hard and on the way home...it was uphill and the wind was blowin against me...hard. It was not a fun run, but I am glad ran anyway.

4.41 MILES RUN - 38 MIN
AVERAGE PACE-8:36
CALORIES BURNED = 431

1 comment:

Shorty said...

Yeah for you! I want to run so bad. Er, um...I want to be a runner. I'm just lacking in motivation big time. I aspire to be more like you in the running dept, MC!!!