Friday, September 28, 2007

Day 15...eXerCisiNG WILL...

Yesterday I was sad.I was defeated...down...determined to fail. I was determined and I accomplished what I told myself I would...I failed...I gave up. That's not who I want to be! When I workout...I don't cheat...and I sure as hell don't quit! I was sad and suffering, but that was crap, and today WILL be different. I'm deciding to exercise my will...my desire...in spite of and because of my suffering. Mark Twight says, "SUFFERING PROVIDES THE OPPORTUNITY TO EXERCISE WILL AND DEVELOP GRIT…". I believe that to be true. When you push hard...fight the desire to quit...refuse to give in to the pain...you build fortitude and become sturdy...unshakeable...both physically and mentally. I'm so imperfect...so flawed. I wax and wane with the moon, but I won't stop trying...recommiting to live this way...to persevere and fight to be everything I can be...I am the only thing holding myself back. I won't walk in the gym with my head down like I did yesterday. I'm gonna own it. I will not cry today like I did yesterday. I am sick with a cold but I'm not dead...and I can do this. I will choose to be content...chin up...pressing forward....

WEEK 2/DAY 5
(5 min warm up)
.5 MILE RUN (@ 8.4 speed on treadmill)
DB SWING 30#
PULLUPS (jumping)
21, 15, 9 (20 min)

CARDIO
ELLIPTICAL/CROSSTRAINER (40 MIN)
(5 min stretch)
THIS IS WHAT I WAS SUPPOSSED TO DO, AND I DID...BUT I ADDED THE ABS THAT I SKIPPED YESTERDAY

ABS
50 SITUPS (feet under weights...come up and touch stool in front of me...without stopping)
25 DECLINE SITUPS
25 FROGGIES
2 (30 SEC) HANGING HOLDS WITH KNEES BENT AS HIGH AS I COULD GET THEM
50 ALTERNATING TOE TOUCH SITUPS (25 EA FOOT)
30 SEC PLANK (front-side-side - 2X ea)
25 SCISSORS
(20 min)
TOTAL TIME IN GYM = 1 HR 30 MIN

I am feeling pretty bad. Paul let me sleep in and that helped, but my head is hurting and my nose is running. It wasn't as bad as I had expected. I was worried about trying to run all congested, but it didn't really hold me back much. I felt surprisingly strong. The only struggle was that I wanted to quit cardio @ about 20 minutes because I was tired and my foot was bothering me pretty bad. I just kept pressing telling myself..."just go 5 more min...5 more min...5 more min"...until I was done. I was glad when it was done and I could come home and eat some mini wheats...I was so hungry. I'm so grateful that today was better than yesterday...that I made a decision to succeed today...to exercise my will. I hate days like yesterday, but they do help the good days seem so much better. Now I guess it's time to ice my aching foot and knee, take a bath, and take a nap (yeah!).

No comments: