Monday, September 24, 2007

Day 11...lazy, but determined...


This morning I was tired. I usually have no problems with motivation, but today's a lazy day. I don't feel sad...or bad...I just didn't wanna work out. I cleaned up a bit...worked on a project...looked at e-mail...anything I could think of other than draggin my booty to the gym. When it got to be almost 10, I decided I had better quit putting it off and hit the road. I tanned first...yet another successful procrastination...and then... I got to the gym...finally! I warmed up...set up my little workout station...took a deep breath and just did it. Why is it that in life, we put off what we don't feel like doing...only to regret it later? If we spent the time we used trying to justify a way out of working out...or studying...or cleaning...saying how we really feel...or whatever it is that's not so appealing at the time, we could've gotten it done and overwith...less painfully... and alot sooner. Plus, when I don't wanna work out (highly unusual!) and then I do, I feel great...better than normal.

WEEK 2/DAY 1

WORKOUT
(warm up on elliptical for 5 min)

SQUATS (down to lowest "box") 80, 64, 48, 32, 24, 12
DB SWING w/ 25# 40, 32, 24, 16, 12, 6
PULLUP (jumping) 20, 16, 12, 8, 6, 3

CARDIO
40 min on TREADMILL ( 6 minute intervals- 3 min walk 4.0 / 3 min run 8.0...repeat walk first 2 and last 2 min)
(5 min stretching)

TOTAL TIME = 1HR 14MIN

Wow! It was so hard hitting that 3rd round of 48, 24, 12...I wanted to hear "LET"S GO! C'MON! DON'T YOU STOP!" so bad...the words that could aggravate me before...but it got easier from there. I finished in 24 minutes...so tired, but so glad I did it...so glad I took control and left with no regrets!

No comments: