Saturday, December 13, 2008

Day 455..."bAsiC bArBeLL tRaiNiNg"...

Today...J and I went to the first day of Barbell training with Coach Mark Rippetoe. This was a certification that I really wanted to attend...but it was also one that I was nervous about. Coach Rippetoe is an expert...a published author...a man that has been both practicing and teaching these lifts for over 20 years. It was scary today. To say that doing those lifts under Rip's "watchful eye" is intimidating...would be an UNDERSTATEMENT. I wanted to please him...to do well...to learn. I learned alright. I learned that I've been doing A LOT of things WRONG. At one point I was feeling a bit discouraged internally and a little defeated, but soon it passed. I realized that as much as it sucks to hear constructive criticism...I'm glad to hear it...to have the tools I need and the opportunity to change and become better..stronger...more efficient in my lifting. I have some work to do when I get home.

BARBELL CERTIFICATION
BACK SQUAT
45 LBS X 5
45 LBS X 5
65 LBS X 5
85 LBS X 5
105 LBS X 5

SHOULDER PRESS
45 LBS X 5
55 LBS X 5
65 LBS X 5
75 LBS X 5
80 LBS X 5

BENCH PRESS
45 LBS X 5
65 LBS X 5
85 LBS X 5
95 LBS X 5
105 LBS X 4 (1 FAIL)

No comments: