Monday, December 1, 2008

Day 443...dAmN tHoSe nAvY sEaLs!...

Oh boy...where to start???... So, I love the holidays, but I'm feeling a little "Scrooge"-ish. This morning, I was also feelin the weight of "the Monday morning after a holiday weekend". So I was STILL sitting in front of my computer wearing PJs when I got a text from my friend, J. He was telling me that he was gonna do a workout off the "Navy Seals" website. It looked really hard, but...being the crazy person that I am...I wanted to do it. He said he would wait for me, so I threw on workout clothes and headed to the gym.

Once we got started, we decided...well J suggested...that we should do 1 rep max shoulder presses first. I was feelin a little weak, so once I failed at 2 attempts at 90 lbs...I decided to take my 85 lbs and be done. After all that, we started the workout. I knew it would take us a LONG time...I was thinkin maybe 1 hour tops. J joked that it would probably take us an hour and a half. I laughed. I thought that was ridiculous. He was right.

In the end, it took us 1 hour and 35 minutes to complete. We were exhausted and our strength was drained when we were done. In fact, halfway through we were both eating a Zone bar...WHILE we continued to workout. J was takin a bite and then doing a box jump and at another point, I was cramming a bar in my mouth WHILE continuing to squat. I think it was BY FAR the LONGEST Crossfit workout that I have ever done. Wow. Damn those Navy Seals!!!

SHOULDER PRESS
----------------------
1-1-1-1-1-1-1
65-75-80-85-90 Fail-90 Fail-85


WORKOUT
-------------
100 THRUSTERS (me=45 LBS / J=65 LBS)
100 BOX JUMPS (20 IN)
100 PUSH UPS
100 SQUATS
RUN 1 MILE
50 THRUSTERS (me=45 LBS / J=65 LBS)
50 BOX JUMPS (20 IN)
50 PUSH UPS
50 SQUATS
RUN 1 MILE

FOR TIME (1 HR 35 MIN)

No comments: