Friday, December 12, 2008

DAY 454...i wAsN't LaZy tOdAy!...









Ahhh...this video is of the workout called "The Filthy Fifty"...50 reps of 10 exercises...it's a brutal Crossfit workout...but also one of my faves. I'm feelin a little nervous about going to a certification this weekend so I figured the best way to deal with my nerves was to head for the gym and hit it hard! J wants the class to do this one today, so I thought I would do it as well.

It was as brutal and unforgiving as I remembered...at times I thought I would pass out or puke. Actually I was chokin it back towards the end. It is pure suffering and punishment...but I hung in there and got it done in 37 minutes (slow by some people's standards, but pretty fast for me). It would've been better done with another person. It's hard to keep going like that alone. And when I was done...I was shaky and exhausted. I was on the floor for a few minutes...hurtin...wondering why I put myself through this...day after day. Really there's no fancy answer. We do what we choose to do...I believe there are no accidental choices or coincidences in life...good or bad...we choose...and I choose to punish my body...not abuse it...punish it...to make it stronger and to gain mental toughness at the same time. I LOVED working out today. I loved every gut wrenching, painful, endorphin filled moment of it!

"PUNISH YOUR BODY TO PERFECT YOUR SOUL." ~Mark Twight

"FILTHY FIFTY"
50 BOX JUMPS (24 IN)
50 JUMPING PULLUPS
50 KB SWINGS (35 LBS)
50 LUNGE STEPS
50 PUSH PRESS (45 LBS)
50 GHD BACK EXT
50 WALL BALL (16 LB DYNAMAX)
50 BURPEES
50 TUCK JUMPS (SUB FOR DOUBLE UNDERS)
TIME: 37 MIN
50

No comments: